SCHEDULE FOR FILING
THE VOLUNTARY PETITION shall be filed with the clerk to commence the case.
SCHEDULES AND STATEMENTS shall be filed with the petition, or within 15 days
thereafter. Fed.R.B.P. 1007(c).
THE CHAPTER 13 PLAN may be filed with the petition. If a plan is not
filed with the petition, it shall be filed within 15 days
thereafter. If a case is converted to Chapter 13, a plan shall be filed
within 15 days thereafter. Fed.R.B.P. 3015(b). The Trustee's office
sets the 341 Meeting of Creditors when the Plan is received. If the
case has been converted from a Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13, please let us
know. We usually don't receive any documents from the Court regarding
conversions to Chapter 13.
THE MOTION TO CONFIRM AND L.B.R. 202 NOTICE is to be filed within ten (10)
days following, but not before, the debtor's first meeting of creditors.
L.B.R. 320(c) (1)
THE CERTIFICATE OF NON-CONTESTED MATTER is to be filed no earlier than three
(3) court days following the date specified in the L.B.R. 202 notice. L.B.R.
202(d). THE ATTORNEY FEE APPLICATTON can be filed at this time.
AVOIDING OBJECTIONS TO CONFIRMATION BY THE CHAPTER 13 TRUSTEE
- Provide us with a copy of the creditors mailing
matrix with the plan and schedules;
- File federal and state tax returns in advance of filing
the case, if possible;
- Demonstrate in the Chapter 7 Reconciliation that the
Plan meets the "best-interests-of-creditors" test;
- "Funds available" language should be in your
- Call the Trustee's office before filing the Motion to
Confirm if you have questions;
- Pay attention to our memos given to you at the 341
meeting. If we ask for verification of the debtor's income or other
additional information, provide it prior to the deadline to object to the
Motion to Confirm;
- Check your government noticing.